Saturday, October 8, 2011

Unplanned!!!






Heads up ... this is going to be all over the place ....
So yesterday after his nap ... Liam started with a slightly croupy cough that by bedtime was causing him difficulty breathing. We spent a lot of time through the night in the bathroom with the hot shower running. We got thru the night, however, I really didn't like how his breathing sounded this morning so I contacted the doctor and scheduled him to go in.
We also had Q's 2nd birthday party planned for today .... so Todd and I decided we had to divide and conquer (or at least try:). My mommy heart had a really hard time letting Todd take Liam to the doctor, but after detailed instructions .... his papa took him. Well, the doctor was concerned also about his breathing, so wanted him to have a steroid ... however, the amount is too high to take orally for a 3 year old ... so papa needed to take him to the hospital for an injection .... :( When Todd called to let me know .... I cried and said I will be right there, mind you Todd was 2 minutes from the hospital as I was 20. I then pulled myself together (somewhat) ... KNOWING that his papa is fully capable of LOVING him thru it! But my heart was crying inside and out! This would be his first shot ever! Todd called me as soon as they were finished and Liam was awesome .... a slight reaction, but he did great!!!
I then continued to finish the final plans for Q's party ... while calling the friends with kids and letting them know of Liam's illness ....
It was a small party .... due to Liam being sick, but Grandpa Jim and Grandma Jane were here from Iowa and that made the boys happy:) We are so blessed to have them in our lives!!!
Liam was a trooper and got thru the party ... now he is having difficulty sleeping due to the steroid ... but is breathing so much better. We have to go in tomorrow again.
So although this day definitly did not go as planned ... and we are all experiencing a lack of sleep ... I am so thankful that at the end of this day I have an amazing family that I am so grateful for!
Happy Birthday Quinn ... hope you had a great day!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hope Liam is doing better today . . . and that no one else catches the cough. It was so nice to talk to Jane yesterday, and see your sister & brother too. You and Todd did a great job rolling with the punches and celebrating in spite of your fatigue.
Love,
Nancy

Blog Archive