Thursday, August 25, 2011

Rough Day


I never really imagined as a mommy that we would have rough days .... yes, in my dreams I imagined that since my children are the joy of my heart ... I would never yell or get angry with them. We chose to do peaceful and gentle parenting techniques for this reason .... I long to raise my children to have tender and caring hearts ... and I feel the best way is by example! Well, today, I was NOT a good example:( It was a big time failing day! I could give you my list of excuses ... the one at the top probably being lack of sleep ... mine AND my childrens:) but, yet, I don't want to be the mommy that I was today .... and I am sad! I had to appologize to Liam several times today for my tone of voice which was not always patient and kind:(
And yet ... as much as today seemed like a failure ... I do recognize that I am human and my children need to know that mommy messes up too and needs forgiveness.
And now as my hubby is putting our beautiful children to bed ... I am so grateful for God's grace and forgiveness and that HIS mercies are new EVERY morning!
Tommorow will be better:)

So, we may have rough days ... but being a mommy is still a SWEET dream... and my reality!!!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

We ALL have days like that . . . I think it's so good and important that you apologized, for exactly the reasons you wrote. Hope you (and they!!) get more sleep tonight -- that has such an impact on how our mommy days go.
Love,
Nancy

Susanne said...

I am always amazed at Iain's love. He always loves me, even when I am much less of the mom I strive to be. They teach us as we teach them...

Anonymous said...

have you ever read "lilly's purple plastic purse," by kevin henkes? in it, lilly does something terrible to her teacher out of anger, but her teacher responds with a gentle note. it reads, "today was a difficult day, tomorrow will be better." i have to tell myself that often. i even say it to my 3 year old when i've been bad to her.
i am thankful that GOD is slow to get angry with me. i want to parent the way HE does.

Blog Archive