Sunday, March 6, 2011

1st overnight adventure without kiddos .... since ....

HAVING BABIES!!!!

Todd and I were blessed to be able to do a lot of fun things and get away quite a bit before having children .... and we enjoyed it!

However, since having babies .... and choosing to do Attachment Parenting .... along with me either being pregnant or nursing or both at the same time ... we have traveled with our babies:) They are great travelers by the way:)
We have some dear friends from Iowa who have adopted our children as their grandchildren .... who are coming to stay with the boys when I have the baby ... well, they thought they should do a 'practice' run .... so Todd and I were able for the first time to spend a night away from our 2 precious boys ..... we enjoyed a night out together and then spent the night at a local hotel that we spent our honeymoon night at! We enjoyed it .... especially since we knew our boys were having a blast with Grandma Jane and Grandpa Jim .... and although we were worried a bit about the night ... we knew they would call if the kiddos needed us (a reassuring thing for an AP mommy:)!
We got no calls ... and I got to sleep for 6 hours straight:) And I got to sleep next to my hubby with no baby between us .... well, except for the one coming in about 5 weeks:)

TODD & I ENJOYING OUR NIGHT OUT ALONE!
GRANDPA JIM & GRANDMA JANE LOVING THE BOYS
LIAM LOVES CUDDLING WITH GRANDMA JANE
I LOVE THIS FACE ON QUINN ... EATING WITH GRANDMA JANE
READING WITH GRANDPA JIM
PS .... Grandma Jane informed us that our boys slept fine .... oh, and they didn't even ask for papa and mama:)

2 comments:

Peter and Nancy said...

That's so great!! I'm glad you were able to get away for a night together -- there's nothing like having some time together alone to remind you why you fell in love in the first place. :o)
Nancy

Gretchen said...

Wow, you ARE brave. But that is really smart to do before #3 comes. What sweet "grandparents"! :) Glad you and Todd had fun together. I've left Susie overnight one night, but she was with Josh. Other than that, I can count on one hand the number of times someone has even put her to bed without me! Not sure how that's going to adjust when #2 comes and I'm gone, and I think of it just about every night. :) But we've got a bit longer than you do to work that out.

Hope you are feeling well and baby is growing and healthy!

Blog Archive